Sunday, February 28, 2010

2 Year Anniversary

Clark and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary last night. We decided to not do much but to just spend time together. At first Clark was going to surprise me with where we were going to eat, but I ended up guessing it. It was:


Absolutely amazing!! Yes expensive, but totally worth splurging on for an anniversary or birthday. When you first arrive they greet you by name, a little creepy knowing who we are then you get introduced to your 4 or 5 waiters for the night. Everyone gets a small appetizer which is "Compliments of the Chef". We got of course Caviar, ha I had a very gross look on my face but I thought I would AT LEAST try it. They give you sour cream, onions, and some other stuff you can put on top of it. So I chose to eat it with sour cream and onions. I was shocked that I actually kind of liked it. It was probably cause I could only taste the sour cream.

During that time one of your waiters brings a plate out of raw steaks to show you the sizes and how much they are. One of them was $140...can you believe that!!! Clark decided he wanted the Filet Mignon and I wanted lobster. Everything is ordered family style so we chose "half" of two sides. During this time Clark started feeling very light headed. I was like "are you kidding me, if you pass out in this nice restaurant I will freak out". He had to keep getting up and going to the bathroom or outside. I felt so bad for him cause I know he wanted our night to be special and fun. I kept feeding him food hoping that would help. NOT!! We finally got our food and I really wanted to eat but Clark was wanting to get it to go and get out of there. So I gobbled down my food, which was excellent by the way, got Clark's food and of course desert to go. As soon as we walked out the door and waited on his truck he started feeling better. Of course he would!! When we got home he felt so much better and ate his yummy steak. Even though we didn't get to enjoy the restaurant, at least both of us got to enjoy our food.

Nick & Sam's is definitely a place I will go back to, of course for something special and probably not till next year...ha! If you ever get the chance to splurge like that, go to Nick & Sam's...you wont regret it.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad he wasn't feeling good! Sounds like y'all had a nice anniversary anyway.

    ReplyDelete